Call CMG a bunch of Chicken Littles (Chickens Little?) if you like, but they’re not taking any chances; on new single Sky Don’t Fall, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the Milwaukee four-piece express their determination to reach their dreams and get their paper up before the firmament cracks and spills the heavens on the rest of our unsuspecting heads. Derelle Rideout creates a production backdrop befitting the joint’s apocalyptic overtones, mixing acoustic guitar picking with foreboding synth-vocal arpeggios as Pizzle (the only previously-featured member of the quartet), Jae Ace and Dooch deliver their agile, tightly-flowed chronicles of the hustle. Singer Kiara Dupree brings a touch of smoothness to the cut, separating her colleagues’ verses with a hook that’s both eerie and ear-pleasing. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find plenty more where this came from on all-original street album ATNPL, which drops September 28—that is, if the sky doesn’t fall before then.
Written by richard on 09/18/12
Submit your Rating
Circle Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.