In case your mother is curious, just tell her that Clyde Shankle’s DJBooth debut, The Cut (Roll Up), is about cars; you know, like rolling up in the cut. Whatever you tell her, though, you might not want to mention that you’ve added the record to your newly-created smoking playlist, for which it is perfectly suited for inclusion. Producer Kreateen sparks up the track behind the boards, cooking up a breezy, hovering beat driven by an airy synth. Shankle’s approach is just as laid-back as the production; he flexes some seriously slick wordplay delivered with a fluid delivery smoother than a hot knife through butter. Want more where this one came from? You’ll be able to find this kushed-out effort on Shankle’s upcoming tape, Rarity, due out this winter.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tryna Get It" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.