In case your mother is curious, just tell her that Clyde Shankle’s DJBooth debut, The Cut (Roll Up), is about cars; you know, like rolling up in the cut. Whatever you tell her, though, you might not want to mention that you’ve added the record to your newly-created smoking playlist, for which it is perfectly suited for inclusion. Producer Kreateen sparks up the track behind the boards, cooking up a breezy, hovering beat driven by an airy synth. Shankle’s approach is just as laid-back as the production; he flexes some seriously slick wordplay delivered with a fluid delivery smoother than a hot knife through butter. Want more where this one came from? You’ll be able to find this kushed-out effort on Shankle’s upcoming tape, Rarity, due out this winter.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tryna Get It" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.