In case your mother is curious, just tell her that Clyde Shankle’s DJBooth debut, The Cut (Roll Up), is about cars; you know, like rolling up in the cut. Whatever you tell her, though, you might not want to mention that you’ve added the record to your newly-created smoking playlist, for which it is perfectly suited for inclusion. Producer Kreateen sparks up the track behind the boards, cooking up a breezy, hovering beat driven by an airy synth. Shankle’s approach is just as laid-back as the production; he flexes some seriously slick wordplay delivered with a fluid delivery smoother than a hot knife through butter. Want more where this one came from? You’ll be able to find this kushed-out effort on Shankle’s upcoming tape, Rarity, due out this winter.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tryna Get It" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.