In case your mother is curious, just tell her that Clyde Shankle’s DJBooth debut, The Cut (Roll Up), is about cars; you know, like rolling up in the cut. Whatever you tell her, though, you might not want to mention that you’ve added the record to your newly-created smoking playlist, for which it is perfectly suited for inclusion. Producer Kreateen sparks up the track behind the boards, cooking up a breezy, hovering beat driven by an airy synth. Shankle’s approach is just as laid-back as the production; he flexes some seriously slick wordplay delivered with a fluid delivery smoother than a hot knife through butter. Want more where this one came from? You’ll be able to find this kushed-out effort on Shankle’s upcoming tape, Rarity, due out this winter.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tryna Get It" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.