In case your mother is curious, just tell her that Clyde Shankle’s DJBooth debut, The Cut (Roll Up), is about cars; you know, like rolling up in the cut. Whatever you tell her, though, you might not want to mention that you’ve added the record to your newly-created smoking playlist, for which it is perfectly suited for inclusion. Producer Kreateen sparks up the track behind the boards, cooking up a breezy, hovering beat driven by an airy synth. Shankle’s approach is just as laid-back as the production; he flexes some seriously slick wordplay delivered with a fluid delivery smoother than a hot knife through butter. Want more where this one came from? You’ll be able to find this kushed-out effort on Shankle’s upcoming tape, Rarity, due out this winter.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tryna Get It" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.