If you spot Clyde Shankle on the street, don’t be too quick to snap a Foto.; odds are, he’ll ask you to pony up some dough for the privilege. On a freshly-minted EP single, his first feature since September’s Tryna Get It, the Berkeley buzzmaker assures listeners that, even when he’s taking a solo stroll down Ashby, he’s still very much on his hustle. To back his enterprising bars, beatsmith Vercetti Lake crafts a moody beat driven by dissonant mallet loops. For more updates on Clyde Shankle’s paper chase, check out his Aglets EP when it drops digitally in January of next year. Additionally, watch for him to contribute to The DJBooth‘s exclusive freestyle series when it relaunches this week!
Update: We have added the Taylor Freeland-directed visuals for Clyde Shankle’s Foto. single.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Cut (Roll Up)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.