If you spot Clyde Shankle on the street, don’t be too quick to snap a Foto.; odds are, he’ll ask you to pony up some dough for the privilege. On a freshly-minted EP single, his first feature since September’s Tryna Get It, the Berkeley buzzmaker assures listeners that, even when he’s taking a solo stroll down Ashby, he’s still very much on his hustle. To back his enterprising bars, beatsmith Vercetti Lake crafts a moody beat driven by dissonant mallet loops. For more updates on Clyde Shankle’s paper chase, check out his Aglets EP when it drops digitally in January of next year. Additionally, watch for him to contribute to The DJBooth‘s exclusive freestyle series when it relaunches this week!
Update: We have added the Taylor Freeland-directed visuals for Clyde Shankle’s Foto. single.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Cut (Roll Up)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.