If you spot Clyde Shankle on the street, don’t be too quick to snap a Foto.; odds are, he’ll ask you to pony up some dough for the privilege. On a freshly-minted EP single, his first feature since September’s Tryna Get It, the Berkeley buzzmaker assures listeners that, even when he’s taking a solo stroll down Ashby, he’s still very much on his hustle. To back his enterprising bars, beatsmith Vercetti Lake crafts a moody beat driven by dissonant mallet loops. For more updates on Clyde Shankle’s paper chase, check out his Aglets EP when it drops digitally in January of next year. Additionally, watch for him to contribute to The DJBooth‘s exclusive freestyle series when it relaunches this week!
Update: We have added the Taylor Freeland-directed visuals for Clyde Shankle’s Foto. single.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Cut (Roll Up)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.