If you spot Clyde Shankle on the street, don’t be too quick to snap a Foto.; odds are, he’ll ask you to pony up some dough for the privilege. On a freshly-minted EP single, his first feature since September’s Tryna Get It, the Berkeley buzzmaker assures listeners that, even when he’s taking a solo stroll down Ashby, he’s still very much on his hustle. To back his enterprising bars, beatsmith Vercetti Lake crafts a moody beat driven by dissonant mallet loops. For more updates on Clyde Shankle’s paper chase, check out his Aglets EP when it drops digitally in January of next year. Additionally, watch for him to contribute to The DJBooth‘s exclusive freestyle series when it relaunches this week!
Update: We have added the Taylor Freeland-directed visuals for Clyde Shankle’s Foto. single.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Cut (Roll Up)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.