When it’s late at night and you need a snack or a pack of Swishers, what do you do? If you live in a major city, you simply pop down to the nearest Bodega and return in five minutes with the goods. On Clyde Shankle‘s latest song release, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the Berkeley repper and recent freestyle series contributor offers a window into the daily life of a “stoop kid.” In confident, conversational verses, he rhymes about blunted hours spent mobbin’ with the homies, casual hook-ups and public-transportation frustrations. Azure handles production, mixing chopped keys, slow-rolling percussion and vocal samples to create the perfect soundtrack for front-step chilling. The beatsmith also steps out from behind the boards to deliver a laid-back verse, sharing guest duties with Dave Steezy. This joint is slated for inclusion on a forthcoming compilation album from YouthfulKinfolk.com. Watch our pages for further details on the untitled project, which is set to drop later this year.
Written by richard on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Cut (Roll Up)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.