When it’s late at night and you need a snack or a pack of Swishers, what do you do? If you live in a major city, you simply pop down to the nearest Bodega and return in five minutes with the goods. On Clyde Shankle‘s latest song release, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the Berkeley repper and recent freestyle series contributor offers a window into the daily life of a “stoop kid.” In confident, conversational verses, he rhymes about blunted hours spent mobbin’ with the homies, casual hook-ups and public-transportation frustrations. Azure handles production, mixing chopped keys, slow-rolling percussion and vocal samples to create the perfect soundtrack for front-step chilling. The beatsmith also steps out from behind the boards to deliver a laid-back verse, sharing guest duties with Dave Steezy. This joint is slated for inclusion on a forthcoming compilation album from YouthfulKinfolk.com. Watch our pages for further details on the untitled project, which is set to drop later this year.
Written by richard on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Cut (Roll Up)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.