When it’s late at night and you need a snack or a pack of Swishers, what do you do? If you live in a major city, you simply pop down to the nearest Bodega and return in five minutes with the goods. On Clyde Shankle‘s latest song release, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the Berkeley repper and recent freestyle series contributor offers a window into the daily life of a “stoop kid.” In confident, conversational verses, he rhymes about blunted hours spent mobbin’ with the homies, casual hook-ups and public-transportation frustrations. Azure handles production, mixing chopped keys, slow-rolling percussion and vocal samples to create the perfect soundtrack for front-step chilling. The beatsmith also steps out from behind the boards to deliver a laid-back verse, sharing guest duties with Dave Steezy. This joint is slated for inclusion on a forthcoming compilation album from YouthfulKinfolk.com. Watch our pages for further details on the untitled project, which is set to drop later this year.
Written by richard on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Cut (Roll Up)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.