Unless you’re a loyal fan or you’ve got his collab with Goapele on constant repeat in the crib, like yours truly, chances are you haven’t heard from Clyde Carson in a minute (his last Booth feature, I’m Lost, was way back in ’09). Even so, don’t call new single Somethin’ to Speak About a comeback, he’s been here for years. Setting the stage is Scoop Deville, who crafts a brilliantly understated, soul-sampled beat as relaxed as a Sunday morning. Matching the beat’s quality on the mic are Game, who delivers the kind of well crafted verse I was left wanting on Purp & Patron, and the headliner, who lays down some deeply personal lyrics detailing his life’s joys and struggles: “Look into my eyes, ain’t too much I ain’t seen / except death and the penitentiary gates.” Add in some sweet vocals from female crooner Jimmie Reign and you’ve got the smooth rider of the week. For more from Mr. Carson be sure to cop his upcoming EP of the same name, Somethin’ to Speak About, “coming soon.”
Written by Nathan S. on 02/28/11
Moe Doe Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Doin' That ft. Sean Kingston" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)