Nearly one year ago, Clyde Carson stepped inside our DJ Booth for an exclusive interview. At the time, his Sean Kingston-assisted single, Doin That, was ready to hit radio, and after several delays Carson was preparing for the fall release of his debut album, Theatre Music. Unfortunately, the Oakland native’s best laid plans (to this point) have gone awry; Doin That never got the chance to succeed at radio and Theatre Music is still on the backburner. Perpetually on the grind, however, the 25-year-old is featured on several joints from the new DJ Haze/Nu Jerzey Devil/Big Mike mixtape project; Bang Bang (Pt. 1). Alongside his Black Wall Street boss, The Game, Carson spits an opening 16 and rides the beat back n’ forth with his LA neighbor on Cali State of Mind. Intrigued? Carson’s official single (again featuring The Game and Kingston) is set to drop before the end of the month.
Written by DJ Z on 07/14/08
Submit your Rating
Moe Doe Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Doin' That ft. Sean Kingston" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.