In July of ‘07, the Booth featured Clyde Carson‘s buzz single Doin’ That; in addition to being Carson’s first official single (and one of my first assignments at the Booth), it was also Sean Kingston’s first guest verse. Though Carson’s debut, Theater Music has remained on hiatus, a previously unreleased recording has surfaced in the Booth. In Da Club finds Carson once again alongside Kingston, and Black Wall Street boss The Game also hops aboard. Major accolades should be directed towards super-producer J.R. Rotem for a beat that contains so much of a techno sound, it could have easily gone to Wiz Khalifa. Although In Da Club was originally intended for inclusion on Theater Music, it is no longer slated to be featured on the album. Stay tuned to DJBooth for further developments on Clyde’s recording future.
Written by Burmy on 07/31/08
Submit your Rating
Moe Doe Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Doin' That ft. Sean Kingston" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.