In July of ‘07, the Booth featured Clyde Carson‘s buzz single Doin’ That; in addition to being Carson’s first official single (and one of my first assignments at the Booth), it was also Sean Kingston’s first guest verse. Though Carson’s debut, Theater Music has remained on hiatus, a previously unreleased recording has surfaced in the Booth. In Da Club finds Carson once again alongside Kingston, and Black Wall Street boss The Game also hops aboard. Major accolades should be directed towards super-producer J.R. Rotem for a beat that contains so much of a techno sound, it could have easily gone to Wiz Khalifa. Although In Da Club was originally intended for inclusion on Theater Music, it is no longer slated to be featured on the album. Stay tuned to DJBooth for further developments on Clyde’s recording future.
Written by Burmy on 07/31/08
Submit your Rating
Moe Doe Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Doin' That ft. Sean Kingston" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.