Coming straight from the Bay Area is the newest artist on The Game‘s Black Wall Street Records, Clyde Carson. The 25-year old Oakland native had already made a name for himself in the Bay Area (most notably as the front man of local group The Team) before he got his major deal. His debut single Doin’ That, has all the tools of a successful first single; an attention-grabbing beat, laid-back yet powerful lyrics to announce his arrival on the major scene, and Akon-esque vocals on the hook courtesy of fellow newcomer, Sean Kingston (of Beautiful Girls fame). This song promises to be a sure-shot club-banger, and will probably have some radio success as well.
Written by Burmy on 07/9/07
Submit your Rating
Moe Doe Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bay'd Out ft. Mistah F.A.B. & Clyde Carson" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.