Coming straight from the Bay Area is the newest artist on The Game‘s Black Wall Street Records, Clyde Carson. The 25-year old Oakland native had already made a name for himself in the Bay Area (most notably as the front man of local group The Team) before he got his major deal. His debut single Doin’ That, has all the tools of a successful first single; an attention-grabbing beat, laid-back yet powerful lyrics to announce his arrival on the major scene, and Akon-esque vocals on the hook courtesy of fellow newcomer, Sean Kingston (of Beautiful Girls fame). This song promises to be a sure-shot club-banger, and will probably have some radio success as well.
Written by Burmy on 07/9/07
Submit your Rating
Moe Doe Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bay'd Out ft. Mistah F.A.B. & Clyde Carson" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.