Winter 2013-14 was one of Chicago’s most brutal in recent memory, but that didn’t stop Closed Sessions from inviting a few of their most talented connects to the studio on the coldest day of the year. Realer Than Most is the work of people who will brave below-zero temps and skin-flaying winds to make music, and it shows. Over OnGaud‘s unbelievably smooth, sax-laced boardwork, Mick Jenkins, Dally Auston, NoName Gypsy and Saba drop verses that leave no question about their passion for their craft. This cut is slated to appear on the Closed Sessions Vol. 3 compilation album, which has yet to receive a drop date. While you wait for further details, you can click here to peep a behind-the-scenes documentary on the creation of Realer Than Most.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Theme Music" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.