In my review of Royce da 5’9”s new album Street Hop I talked about historically delayed albums – albums that have been delayed so many times they’ve become almost mythological – and the Clipse’s Till the Casket Drops is certainly a prime candidate for that designation. Well, the casket will definitely drop soon if their new single Back by Popular Demand (Popeyes) becomes a hit, and in all honesty I’m not sure it will. I’ve listened to this track 20 times now and I still can’t decide if The Neptunes’ vibrating horns and plunking piano line production is dope or a little off, if guest artist Cam’ron’s work is a great slow flow or just lazy, if Malice and Pusha-T’s verses drip with swagger or are disappointingly clean, lacking in their trademark grit. Maybe some of the Booth members can help me make up my mind. Please, have at it. Till the Casket Drops is slated to (almost definitely) drop on December 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.