In my review of Royce da 5’9”s new album Street Hop I talked about historically delayed albums – albums that have been delayed so many times they’ve become almost mythological – and the Clipse’s Till the Casket Drops is certainly a prime candidate for that designation. Well, the casket will definitely drop soon if their new single Back by Popular Demand (Popeyes) becomes a hit, and in all honesty I’m not sure it will. I’ve listened to this track 20 times now and I still can’t decide if The Neptunes’ vibrating horns and plunking piano line production is dope or a little off, if guest artist Cam’ron’s work is a great slow flow or just lazy, if Malice and Pusha-T’s verses drip with swagger or are disappointingly clean, lacking in their trademark grit. Maybe some of the Booth members can help me make up my mind. Please, have at it. Till the Casket Drops is slated to (almost definitely) drop on December 8.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.