In my review of Royce da 5’9”s new album Street Hop I talked about historically delayed albums – albums that have been delayed so many times they’ve become almost mythological – and the Clipse’s Till the Casket Drops is certainly a prime candidate for that designation. Well, the casket will definitely drop soon if their new single Back by Popular Demand (Popeyes) becomes a hit, and in all honesty I’m not sure it will. I’ve listened to this track 20 times now and I still can’t decide if The Neptunes’ vibrating horns and plunking piano line production is dope or a little off, if guest artist Cam’ron’s work is a great slow flow or just lazy, if Malice and Pusha-T’s verses drip with swagger or are disappointingly clean, lacking in their trademark grit. Maybe some of the Booth members can help me make up my mind. Please, have at it. Till the Casket Drops is slated to (almost definitely) drop on December 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/25/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)