In my review of Royce da 5’9”s new album Street Hop I talked about historically delayed albums – albums that have been delayed so many times they’ve become almost mythological – and the Clipse’s Till the Casket Drops is certainly a prime candidate for that designation. Well, the casket will definitely drop soon if their new single Back by Popular Demand (Popeyes) becomes a hit, and in all honesty I’m not sure it will. I’ve listened to this track 20 times now and I still can’t decide if The Neptunes’ vibrating horns and plunking piano line production is dope or a little off, if guest artist Cam’ron’s work is a great slow flow or just lazy, if Malice and Pusha-T’s verses drip with swagger or are disappointingly clean, lacking in their trademark grit. Maybe some of the Booth members can help me make up my mind. Please, have at it. Till the Casket Drops is slated to (almost definitely) drop on December 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.