The Clipse are one of my favorite hip-hop groups alive, but with the exception of their early days spent Grindin, I haven’t been a fan of their singles – they just seem to lose all their edge when they know it’s going to radio. I wish I could say things are different this time around on I’m Good (Remix), but unfortunately it’s more of the same. That’s not the say the track isn’t good: the brothers hook up with their old production partners The Neptunes for one of their trademark beats, Pusha-T and Malice drop their usual assortment of clever lines and Rick Ross gets in on the remix action with a cold flow, but it’s just not as good as the Clipse can be. What can I say? I guess I like my Clipse grimey. As always, I’m sure there will be plenty of debate in the Booth on this one. The Clipse’s long-awaited album Til the Casket Drops is finally slated to be released on December 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/20/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.