The Clipse are one of my favorite hip-hop groups alive, but with the exception of their early days spent Grindin, I haven’t been a fan of their singles – they just seem to lose all their edge when they know it’s going to radio. I wish I could say things are different this time around on I’m Good (Remix), but unfortunately it’s more of the same. That’s not the say the track isn’t good: the brothers hook up with their old production partners The Neptunes for one of their trademark beats, Pusha-T and Malice drop their usual assortment of clever lines and Rick Ross gets in on the remix action with a cold flow, but it’s just not as good as the Clipse can be. What can I say? I guess I like my Clipse grimey. As always, I’m sure there will be plenty of debate in the Booth on this one. The Clipse’s long-awaited album Til the Casket Drops is finally slated to be released on December 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.