The Clipse are one of my favorite hip-hop groups alive, but with the exception of their early days spent Grindin, I haven’t been a fan of their singles – they just seem to lose all their edge when they know it’s going to radio. I wish I could say things are different this time around on I’m Good (Remix), but unfortunately it’s more of the same. That’s not the say the track isn’t good: the brothers hook up with their old production partners The Neptunes for one of their trademark beats, Pusha-T and Malice drop their usual assortment of clever lines and Rick Ross gets in on the remix action with a cold flow, but it’s just not as good as the Clipse can be. What can I say? I guess I like my Clipse grimey. As always, I’m sure there will be plenty of debate in the Booth on this one. The Clipse’s long-awaited album Til the Casket Drops is finally slated to be released on December 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)