Since leaving their “label from hell” situation at Jive for much greener pastures at Columbia, the Clipse have built up plenty of buzz for their forthcoming junior album, Till The Casket Drops. After nearly two years, the official lead single has finally been released. Reminding listeners that their long-awaited comeback is Kinda Like A Big Deal, Pusha T and Malice temper their deadpan, lyrically-layered style with a lighter tone that stands in stark contrast to the darkness of Hell Hath No Fury. The biggest deal here, however, is Kanye West, who returns to his College Dropout-era form with a 16-bar, Autotune-free rap verse over DJ Khalil‘s electric-guitar production—to put it simply, the record lives up to its name and then some. Expect KLABD to make waves in the underground and on the DJBooth charts, stirring up street hype that will last from now Till The Casket Drops sometime this summer.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.