Since leaving their “label from hell” situation at Jive for much greener pastures at Columbia, the Clipse have built up plenty of buzz for their forthcoming junior album, Till The Casket Drops. After nearly two years, the official lead single has finally been released. Reminding listeners that their long-awaited comeback is Kinda Like A Big Deal, Pusha T and Malice temper their deadpan, lyrically-layered style with a lighter tone that stands in stark contrast to the darkness of Hell Hath No Fury. The biggest deal here, however, is Kanye West, who returns to his College Dropout-era form with a 16-bar, Autotune-free rap verse over DJ Khalil‘s electric-guitar production—to put it simply, the record lives up to its name and then some. Expect KLABD to make waves in the underground and on the DJBooth charts, stirring up street hype that will last from now Till The Casket Drops sometime this summer.
Written by Burmy on 04/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.