When the Clipse walked away from Jive Records last October, the duo of Malice and Pusha T gained a freedom they had been seeking for years, but were without a label home. Shortly after the divorce, however, the Virginia-natives arranged a new five-year, 50/50 profit-sharing contract with Columbia, including a home for their very-own Re-Up Gang Records. The first project to emerge since the deal is the third volume of We Got It 4 Cheap: The Spirit of Competition. Joining the brothers are Re-Up Gang members Ab-Liva and Sandman who all put in work on the first single, 20k Money Making Brothers On The Corner. The official Re-Up Gang LP is tentatively set for a March release.
Written by DJ Z on 01/23/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.