After recruiting the likes of Kardinal Offishall, Pitbull, and Lil’ Jon for his 2011 single Smash The Club, singer/DJ/producer Clinton Sparks has found himself back to work once more with a familiar voice. While Sparks provides the majority of lyrical content on Watch You, the multi-faceted musician and tastemaker recruits Mr. 305 for yet another braggadocios guest verse. Produced by Sparks and New York City electro/house duo Disco Fries, the single is a dizzying mix of up-tempo production that’ll likely find itself a nice home at a number of Top-40 stations across the country. Ultimately, its Pitbull’s added verse that gives Watch You a bit of the hip-hop edge that keeps the record from being a complete EDM party tune. At this time Watch You isn’t attached to any larger project from the Get Familiar boss.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dumb Hyphy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.