One of the most frequently-cited rules of writing is to “show, not tell.” In the more swagger-centric worlds of rap and professional sports, on the other hand, doing a little (or a lot of) telling along with your showing isn’t just accepted, it’s essential. Thus, it’s only right that the latest buzz record from Clinton Sparks, released in honor of NBA All-Star weekend, finds the heavyweight DJ-turned-artist and hip-hop mogul Diddy tooting their own horns at max volume, making sure all within earshot know that they’re now Rockin’ With the Best. Over his and DJ Snake‘s synth-sizzling four-on-the-floor boardwork, Sparks indulges in a downright epic bout of sung-rapped stunting, stopping only to voice his approval of a female clubgoer’s dance moves. Sean Combs contributes a simple but effective shouted hook, and concludes the record with a helpful summary of what came before: “He is Clinton Sparks. They call me Diddy. We ARE the best!” So readers, are you digging Clinton Sparks as a solo artist? This joint isn’t set for inclusion on any project, but fans should stay tuned for release details on his forthcoming Interscope debut album.
Written by richard on 02/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sorry, Blame It On Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.