Following Clinton Sparks’ rendition of Porter Robinson‘s electro-heavy Language off of his My Awesome Mixtape 3, the Boston artist/DJ/producer has unveiled visuals for mixtape stand out selection Let’s Drive. On the record Clinton airily sings “let’s runaway into the light,” which is quite literally translated in the music that features a pregnant teenager and her boyfriend running away from home. Clinton sticks with Porter’s production on Let’s Drive, but his effortless vocals seem to breathe new light into Porter’s original. If you’re in the market for more awesomeness from Clinton we suggest you download his My Awesome Mixtape 3, which can be both streamed and downloaded via his Soundcloud.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dumb Hyphy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.