Following Clinton Sparks’ rendition of Porter Robinson‘s electro-heavy Language off of his My Awesome Mixtape 3, the Boston artist/DJ/producer has unveiled visuals for mixtape stand out selection Let’s Drive. On the record Clinton airily sings “let’s runaway into the light,” which is quite literally translated in the music that features a pregnant teenager and her boyfriend running away from home. Clinton sticks with Porter’s production on Let’s Drive, but his effortless vocals seem to breathe new light into Porter’s original. If you’re in the market for more awesomeness from Clinton we suggest you download his My Awesome Mixtape 3, which can be both streamed and downloaded via his Soundcloud.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dumb Hyphy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.