As much as we don’t like to think about it, death is inevitable. While inescapable, though, we certainly don’t want to leave the Earth in the wrong way, which is why I personally avoid snakes and heights as much as possible. On the flip side, I think death by music overload wouldn’t be such a bad ending. Clinton Sparks knows what I’m talking about, per his remix of a 2011 Knife Party single, which might just cause said overdose. On Internet Friends (The Die Trap), the first release off of his My Awesome Mixtape 4, Sparks meshes some Dubstep with a slight hint of trap and an ominous “die” sample to create this brain melting, potent jam. To assist in the ear-assassination New York veteran Jim Jones contributes a raw, fast paced verse over the top of the ever-changing production. If you happen to survive the stream, be sure to cop Sparks’ My Awesome Mixtape 4, which features the likes of 2 Chainz and Snoop Lion, dropping on Valentines Day 2013.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dumb Hyphy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.