Last heard trumpeting his hometown pride on March’s Boston Bass, DJ, producer and mixtape heavyweight Clinton Sparks returns to our pages with Gold Rush, the first in a series of singles he plans to drop via Photo Finish/Island Def Jam. On this left-of-center selection, Sparks’ clamorous percussion and buzzsaw guitar set the stage for paper-chasing verses by two hitmakers from very different corners of the hip-hop landscape. In addition to 16s from 2 Chainz and Macklemore, this cut boasts a disarmingly catchy hook by Sparks himself. D.A. Wallach of Star Trak duo Chester French takes center stage on the record’s stomp-clap bridge. Gold Rush will appear on forthcoming, unscheduled album Disco Ball & Chain. Keep your browsers locked for more loosies from Sparks and his formidable cast of connects.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Clinton Sparks’ Nicholaus Goossen-directed Gold Rush visual.
Written by richard on 05/28/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sorry, Blame It On Me" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.