Last heard trumpeting his hometown pride on March’s Boston Bass, DJ, producer and mixtape heavyweight Clinton Sparks returns to our pages with Gold Rush, the first in a series of singles he plans to drop via Photo Finish/Island Def Jam. On this left-of-center selection, Sparks’ clamorous percussion and buzzsaw guitar set the stage for paper-chasing verses by two hitmakers from very different corners of the hip-hop landscape. In addition to 16s from 2 Chainz and Macklemore, this cut boasts a disarmingly catchy hook by Sparks himself. D.A. Wallach of Star Trak duo Chester French takes center stage on the record’s stomp-clap bridge. Gold Rush will appear on forthcoming, unscheduled album Disco Ball & Chain. Keep your browsers locked for more loosies from Sparks and his formidable cast of connects.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Clinton Sparks’ Nicholaus Goossen-directed Gold Rush visual.
Written by richard on 05/28/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sorry, Blame It On Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.