Last heard trumpeting his hometown pride on March’s Boston Bass, DJ, producer and mixtape heavyweight Clinton Sparks returns to our pages with Gold Rush, the first in a series of singles he plans to drop via Photo Finish/Island Def Jam. On this left-of-center selection, Sparks’ clamorous percussion and buzzsaw guitar set the stage for paper-chasing verses by two hitmakers from very different corners of the hip-hop landscape. In addition to 16s from 2 Chainz and Macklemore, this cut boasts a disarmingly catchy hook by Sparks himself. D.A. Wallach of Star Trak duo Chester French takes center stage on the record’s stomp-clap bridge. Gold Rush will appear on forthcoming, unscheduled album Disco Ball & Chain. Keep your browsers locked for more loosies from Sparks and his formidable cast of connects.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Clinton Sparks’ Nicholaus Goossen-directed Gold Rush visual.
Written by richard on 05/28/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sorry, Blame It On Me" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)