One of the most widely-acclaimed mixtape series in the history of hip-hop is the Clipse’s We Got It 4 Cheap, hosted by DJ and producer Clinton Sparks. Fittingly, as Sparks prepares to take center stage with the ‘09 release of his Get Familiar mixtape, he has chosen Malice and Pusha T to assist on his new single. Fans of the long-running series will love this new offering; a hard-hitting beat by Sparks and sharp lyricism from the brothers Clipse prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that the collaborators Still Got It 4 Cheap. A Pharrell sample, lifted from his hook on Fam-Lay’s Da Beeper Record, completes the record. In need of a another fix before the project drops? Check out Sparks’ production work on Ludacris single Call Up The Homies, off the recently-released Theater of the Mind.
Written by Burmy on 12/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dumb Hyphy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.