Representing the South Florida region of Palm Beach, rapper Clete recently signed a major deal with Universal Records. Looking to make an immediate splash, he spent a portion of his advance to pick up a big-name feature for his first single, the bedroom jam Takin’ It. Although the label will have fun turning this into a radio edit (yes, that was sarcasm), after they do, it should be a hit thanks in part to heartthrob Pleasure P‘s guest appearance and producer Jackpot‘s hypnotic beat. After all, when you title your album Get Money or Kill Ya Self, we wouldn’t want to see Clete fail, right?
Written by Burmy on 02/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Them Staxxx ft. Billy Blu & Clete" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.