Representing the South Florida region of Palm Beach, rapper Clete recently signed a major deal with Universal Records. Looking to make an immediate splash, he spent a portion of his advance to pick up a big-name feature for his first single, the bedroom jam Takin’ It. Although the label will have fun turning this into a radio edit (yes, that was sarcasm), after they do, it should be a hit thanks in part to heartthrob Pleasure P‘s guest appearance and producer Jackpot‘s hypnotic beat. After all, when you title your album Get Money or Kill Ya Self, we wouldn’t want to see Clete fail, right?
Written by Burmy on 02/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Them Staxxx ft. Billy Blu & Clete" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.