Representing the South Florida region of Palm Beach, rapper Clete recently signed a major deal with Universal Records. Looking to make an immediate splash, he spent a portion of his advance to pick up a big-name feature for his first single, the bedroom jam Takin’ It. Although the label will have fun turning this into a radio edit (yes, that was sarcasm), after they do, it should be a hit thanks in part to heartthrob Pleasure P‘s guest appearance and producer Jackpot‘s hypnotic beat. After all, when you title your album Get Money or Kill Ya Self, we wouldn’t want to see Clete fail, right?
Written by Burmy on 02/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Them Staxxx ft. Billy Blu & Clete" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.