Representing the South Florida region of Palm Beach, rapper Clete recently signed a major deal with Universal Records. Looking to make an immediate splash, he spent a portion of his advance to pick up a big-name feature for his first single, the bedroom jam Takin’ It. Although the label will have fun turning this into a radio edit (yes, that was sarcasm), after they do, it should be a hit thanks in part to heartthrob Pleasure P‘s guest appearance and producer Jackpot‘s hypnotic beat. After all, when you title your album Get Money or Kill Ya Self, we wouldn’t want to see Clete fail, right?
Written by Burmy on 02/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Them Staxxx ft. Billy Blu & Clete" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)