Representing the South Florida region of Palm Beach, rapper Clete recently signed a major deal with Universal Records. Looking to make an immediate splash, he spent a portion of his advance to pick up a big-name feature for his first single, the bedroom jam Takin’ It. Although the label will have fun turning this into a radio edit (yes, that was sarcasm), after they do, it should be a hit thanks in part to heartthrob Pleasure P‘s guest appearance and producer Jackpot‘s hypnotic beat. After all, when you title your album Get Money or Kill Ya Self, we wouldn’t want to see Clete fail, right?
Written by Burmy on 02/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Them Staxxx ft. Billy Blu & Clete" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.