Thus far in August, my city of residence (Minneapolis, for those who haven’t been taking notes) has seen plenty of typically sweltering summer days, but we’ve also had our share of rainy ones – and, while music for the former never seems to be in short supply, tunes appropriate for the latter are somewhat rarer. Here to fill that niche for us is Booth newcomer Clemm Rishad, a Washingtonian emcee whose latest single finds him gazing out the Windows of his automobile during a summer shower. Producer/singer Adrian McKinnon does double duty on this mellow cut, delivering a headphone-worthy, keyboard-driven instrumental as well as equally smooth hook, backing and verse vocals. On the lyrical tip, Rishad takes an equally laid-back approach, breezily fantasizing about the luxuries he’ll enjoy once he gets his big break – from “expensive cars and money stacks” to pricey champagne and oysters. Craving more new tunes to vibe out to when skies are gray (or, y’know, whenever)? You’ll find what you seek on the enigmatically-titled Close Your Eyes and See, released on July 31, and available now online.
Written by richard on 08/9/10
Submit your Rating
The Sky Movement, LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Satisfied" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)