Thus far in August, my city of residence (Minneapolis, for those who haven’t been taking notes) has seen plenty of typically sweltering summer days, but we’ve also had our share of rainy ones – and, while music for the former never seems to be in short supply, tunes appropriate for the latter are somewhat rarer. Here to fill that niche for us is Booth newcomer Clemm Rishad, a Washingtonian emcee whose latest single finds him gazing out the Windows of his automobile during a summer shower. Producer/singer Adrian McKinnon does double duty on this mellow cut, delivering a headphone-worthy, keyboard-driven instrumental as well as equally smooth hook, backing and verse vocals. On the lyrical tip, Rishad takes an equally laid-back approach, breezily fantasizing about the luxuries he’ll enjoy once he gets his big break – from “expensive cars and money stacks” to pricey champagne and oysters. Craving more new tunes to vibe out to when skies are gray (or, y’know, whenever)? You’ll find what you seek on the enigmatically-titled Close Your Eyes and See, released on July 31, and available now online.
Written by richard on 08/9/10
Submit your Rating
The Sky Movement, LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Satisfied" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.