In a city fraught with danger and uncertainty, a group of ordinary youths with extraordinary abilities have joined forces to set things right. No, I’m not talking about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers; I’m talking about L.A.Z., Ilajide, E-Fav and Noveliss, together known as the Clear Soul Forces. A Detroit four-piece whose collaborative spirit was forged in an epic, nine-hour rhyme session with local icon Royce Da 5’9” (Who I guess would be Zordon in my extremely dated analogy), the crew make their grand entrance into the Booth with Won Too, a promo single recently released to commemorate their Get No Better video reaching the million-YouTube-view milestone. Here, Ila’s vivid organ/percussion grooves bang in the back as he and his colleagues showcase their different, but complementary rhyme styles in abstract, pop-referential verses. Guest bars come courtesy of fellow Motown repper Brogainz. Craving more? Though this cut is, as mentioned above, not part of a larger release, you can stay tuned to The DJBooth for further freshness from this promising foursome.
Written by richard on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Freq Freq" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.