If you tuned in for Clear Soul Forces’ previous features, Won Too and Beats x Rhymes x Life, you should already be aware that tomfoolery ain’t on their agenda. For those slow on the uptake, however, their latest effort offers irrefutable proof that the Detroit natives Ain’t Playin’. Serious as the Fat Beats signees may be about rocking the mic, those seeking dope wordplay won’t be disappointed in the witty, dextrous bars E-Fav, L.A.Z., Noveliss and Ilajide deliver here. As usual, the last-named member mans the boards, pairing a quirky keyboard loop with syncopated percussion and garnishing the hook and outro with old-school cuts. Director Richard Taylor‘s colorful visuals round out the package. If this low-key banger’s left you craving more, then watch our pages for further singles leading up to the September 17, release of CSF’s sophomore studio album, Gold PP7s.
Written by richard on 08/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Won Too" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.