If you tuned in for Clear Soul Forces’ previous features, Won Too and Beats x Rhymes x Life, you should already be aware that tomfoolery ain’t on their agenda. For those slow on the uptake, however, their latest effort offers irrefutable proof that the Detroit natives Ain’t Playin’. Serious as the Fat Beats signees may be about rocking the mic, those seeking dope wordplay won’t be disappointed in the witty, dextrous bars E-Fav, L.A.Z., Noveliss and Ilajide deliver here. As usual, the last-named member mans the boards, pairing a quirky keyboard loop with syncopated percussion and garnishing the hook and outro with old-school cuts. Director Richard Taylor‘s colorful visuals round out the package. If this low-key banger’s left you craving more, then watch our pages for further singles leading up to the September 17, release of CSF’s sophomore studio album, Gold PP7s.
Written by richard on 08/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Won Too" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.