If you tuned in for Clear Soul Forces’ previous features, Won Too and Beats x Rhymes x Life, you should already be aware that tomfoolery ain’t on their agenda. For those slow on the uptake, however, their latest effort offers irrefutable proof that the Detroit natives Ain’t Playin’. Serious as the Fat Beats signees may be about rocking the mic, those seeking dope wordplay won’t be disappointed in the witty, dextrous bars E-Fav, L.A.Z., Noveliss and Ilajide deliver here. As usual, the last-named member mans the boards, pairing a quirky keyboard loop with syncopated percussion and garnishing the hook and outro with old-school cuts. Director Richard Taylor‘s colorful visuals round out the package. If this low-key banger’s left you craving more, then watch our pages for further singles leading up to the September 17, release of CSF’s sophomore studio album, Gold PP7s.
Written by richard on 08/6/13
Detroit hip-hop crew Clear Soul Forces has unleashed its independent debut full-length, Gold PP7s. The project packs 15 original records from L.A.Z., Ilajide, E-Fav and Noveliss. Included are reader-approved singles "Freq...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Won Too" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.