If you tuned in for Clear Soul Forces’ previous features, Won Too and Beats x Rhymes x Life, you should already be aware that tomfoolery ain’t on their agenda. For those slow on the uptake, however, their latest effort offers irrefutable proof that the Detroit natives Ain’t Playin’. Serious as the Fat Beats signees may be about rocking the mic, those seeking dope wordplay won’t be disappointed in the witty, dextrous bars E-Fav, L.A.Z., Noveliss and Ilajide deliver here. As usual, the last-named member mans the boards, pairing a quirky keyboard loop with syncopated percussion and garnishing the hook and outro with old-school cuts. Director Richard Taylor‘s colorful visuals round out the package. If this low-key banger’s left you craving more, then watch our pages for further singles leading up to the September 17, release of CSF’s sophomore studio album, Gold PP7s.
Written by richard on 08/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Won Too" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.