Though the City High alumnus and R&B Divas: L.A. cast member contributed guest vocals to Red Cafe‘s I’m Ill (Remix) way back in 2010, Claudette Ortiz has yet to step into the Booth with a solo feature… until now. On this cut, the lead single off her upcoming comeback LP, the veteran indie songstress chews her man out for denying her the love, respect and consideration that should come Automatically in a romantic relationship. Jerry Wonda provides a funky, guitar-laced backdrop for her smooth, yet caustic kiss-offs. Ortiz’s next album, which will feature songwriting by Jeremiah “Sickpen” Ronaldo, Angela Hunte and Rock City, has yet to receive either a title or a release date. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 07/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.