Though the City High alumnus and R&B Divas: L.A. cast member contributed guest vocals to Red Cafe‘s I’m Ill (Remix) way back in 2010, Claudette Ortiz has yet to step into the Booth with a solo feature… until now. On this cut, the lead single off her upcoming comeback LP, the veteran indie songstress chews her man out for denying her the love, respect and consideration that should come Automatically in a romantic relationship. Jerry Wonda provides a funky, guitar-laced backdrop for her smooth, yet caustic kiss-offs. Ortiz’s next album, which will feature songwriting by Jeremiah “Sickpen” Ronaldo, Angela Hunte and Rock City, has yet to receive either a title or a release date. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 07/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.