Fresh off the release of his second major-label album (his 14th, in total), Enfield veteran Classified returns to our pages with a standout cut off the project. Wondering “Maybe It’s Just Me,” the Nova Scotia repper proceeds to lace his own unique, pan flute-sampled production with polysyllabically-rhymed, punchline-heavy lyrical fire. Minneapolis native and Rhymesayers representative Brother Ali assists on the guest tip. For more, check out Class’ Handshakes & Middle Fingers LP, available in stores and online as of March 22.
Written by richard on 04/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Call This Hip Hop ft. Royce Da 5'9" & Bobby Ray (B.o.B)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.