Though it’s been a minute since we heard from Classified (his first and, to date, last solo feature hit our front page way back in May 2009), the Nova Scotian mainstay’s been making some big moves north of the border, reaching #14 on the Canadian Hot 100 with single Oh…Canada and scoring several nominations in last year’s Juno Awards. Has he let his growing mainstream presence go to his head? Hell no! On his latest single, That Ain’t Classy, he promises fans that they’ll never catch him indulging in typical celebrity (mis)behavior. While the artist’s own synth-sizzling production drips with pop appeal, Class keeps things as lyrical as ever, showcasing his finely-honed mic skillls as he rattles off his rules of self-conduct on everything from finance (no extravagant spending) to fashion (“You’ll never see my shirt wide open with the chest hair blowin’ in the wind.”) For more hot tunes from this class act, check out his seventh studio album, Handshakes and Middle Fingers, when it hits record stores and online retailers March 29.
Written by richard on 02/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Call This Hip Hop ft. Royce Da 5'9" & Bobby Ray (B.o.B)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.