Though it’s been a minute since we heard from Classified (his first and, to date, last solo feature hit our front page way back in May 2009), the Nova Scotian mainstay’s been making some big moves north of the border, reaching #14 on the Canadian Hot 100 with single Oh…Canada and scoring several nominations in last year’s Juno Awards. Has he let his growing mainstream presence go to his head? Hell no! On his latest single, That Ain’t Classy, he promises fans that they’ll never catch him indulging in typical celebrity (mis)behavior. While the artist’s own synth-sizzling production drips with pop appeal, Class keeps things as lyrical as ever, showcasing his finely-honed mic skillls as he rattles off his rules of self-conduct on everything from finance (no extravagant spending) to fashion (“You’ll never see my shirt wide open with the chest hair blowin’ in the wind.”) For more hot tunes from this class act, check out his seventh studio album, Handshakes and Middle Fingers, when it hits record stores and online retailers March 29.
Written by richard on 02/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Call This Hip Hop ft. Royce Da 5'9" & Bobby Ray (B.o.B)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.