Though it’s been a minute since we heard from Classified (his first and, to date, last solo feature hit our front page way back in May 2009), the Nova Scotian mainstay’s been making some big moves north of the border, reaching #14 on the Canadian Hot 100 with single Oh…Canada and scoring several nominations in last year’s Juno Awards. Has he let his growing mainstream presence go to his head? Hell no! On his latest single, That Ain’t Classy, he promises fans that they’ll never catch him indulging in typical celebrity (mis)behavior. While the artist’s own synth-sizzling production drips with pop appeal, Class keeps things as lyrical as ever, showcasing his finely-honed mic skillls as he rattles off his rules of self-conduct on everything from finance (no extravagant spending) to fashion (“You’ll never see my shirt wide open with the chest hair blowin’ in the wind.”) For more hot tunes from this class act, check out his seventh studio album, Handshakes and Middle Fingers, when it hits record stores and online retailers March 29.
Listen to More: Classified
Written by richard on 02/14/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Call This Hip Hop ft. Royce Da 5'9" & Bobby Ray (B.o.B)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)