Though it’s been a minute since we heard from Classified (his first and, to date, last solo feature hit our front page way back in May 2009), the Nova Scotian mainstay’s been making some big moves north of the border, reaching #14 on the Canadian Hot 100 with single Oh…Canada and scoring several nominations in last year’s Juno Awards. Has he let his growing mainstream presence go to his head? Hell no! On his latest single, That Ain’t Classy, he promises fans that they’ll never catch him indulging in typical celebrity (mis)behavior. While the artist’s own synth-sizzling production drips with pop appeal, Class keeps things as lyrical as ever, showcasing his finely-honed mic skillls as he rattles off his rules of self-conduct on everything from finance (no extravagant spending) to fashion (“You’ll never see my shirt wide open with the chest hair blowin’ in the wind.”) For more hot tunes from this class act, check out his seventh studio album, Handshakes and Middle Fingers, when it hits record stores and online retailers March 29.
Listen to More: Classified
Written by richard on 02/14/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Call This Hip Hop ft. Royce Da 5'9" & Bobby Ray (B.o.B)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.