Noted Canadian emcee Classified‘s newest single may be titled Anything Goes, but if you think the music video for the record is a hip-hop, free-for-all then you’re going to be in for an unexpected awakening. Backed by vocals from fellow Canadian Saukrates, the spitter takes it to the streets in the Chris Strikes-directed visuals and proceeds to drop a little knowledge for the masses as he spits, “Fans ain’t buying albums anymore cause everyone’s tryna make singles/ Stop tryna pop overnight like a Pringle/ I built a foundation, a real fan base, anything goes.” Since the record is in fact titled Anything Goes it likely isn’t too much of a surprise that Classified also lends his production talents for the record’s lively, bass-driven beat. This newest single serves as the first musical offering from the Canadian word connoisseur’s currently untitled album, which is due out on January 29 via Half Life Records/Universal.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Call This Hip Hop ft. Royce Da 5'9" & Bobby Ray (B.o.B)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.