Noted Canadian emcee Classified‘s newest single may be titled Anything Goes, but if you think the music video for the record is a hip-hop, free-for-all then you’re going to be in for an unexpected awakening. Backed by vocals from fellow Canadian Saukrates, the spitter takes it to the streets in the Chris Strikes-directed visuals and proceeds to drop a little knowledge for the masses as he spits, “Fans ain’t buying albums anymore cause everyone’s tryna make singles/ Stop tryna pop overnight like a Pringle/ I built a foundation, a real fan base, anything goes.” Since the record is in fact titled Anything Goes it likely isn’t too much of a surprise that Classified also lends his production talents for the record’s lively, bass-driven beat. This newest single serves as the first musical offering from the Canadian word connoisseur’s currently untitled album, which is due out on January 29 via Half Life Records/Universal.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Call This Hip Hop ft. Royce Da 5'9" & Bobby Ray (B.o.B)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!