Noted Canadian emcee Classified‘s newest single may be titled Anything Goes, but if you think the music video for the record is a hip-hop, free-for-all then you’re going to be in for an unexpected awakening. Backed by vocals from fellow Canadian Saukrates, the spitter takes it to the streets in the Chris Strikes-directed visuals and proceeds to drop a little knowledge for the masses as he spits, “Fans ain’t buying albums anymore cause everyone’s tryna make singles/ Stop tryna pop overnight like a Pringle/ I built a foundation, a real fan base, anything goes.” Since the record is in fact titled Anything Goes it likely isn’t too much of a surprise that Classified also lends his production talents for the record’s lively, bass-driven beat. This newest single serves as the first musical offering from the Canadian word connoisseur’s currently untitled album, which is due out on January 29 via Half Life Records/Universal.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Call This Hip Hop ft. Royce Da 5'9" & Bobby Ray (B.o.B)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)