Noted Canadian emcee Classified‘s newest single may be titled Anything Goes, but if you think the music video for the record is a hip-hop, free-for-all then you’re going to be in for an unexpected awakening. Backed by vocals from fellow Canadian Saukrates, the spitter takes it to the streets in the Chris Strikes-directed visuals and proceeds to drop a little knowledge for the masses as he spits, “Fans ain’t buying albums anymore cause everyone’s tryna make singles/ Stop tryna pop overnight like a Pringle/ I built a foundation, a real fan base, anything goes.” Since the record is in fact titled Anything Goes it likely isn’t too much of a surprise that Classified also lends his production talents for the record’s lively, bass-driven beat. This newest single serves as the first musical offering from the Canadian word connoisseur’s currently untitled album, which is due out on January 29 via Half Life Records/Universal.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Call This Hip Hop ft. Royce Da 5'9" & Bobby Ray (B.o.B)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.