Noted Canadian emcee Classified‘s newest single may be titled Anything Goes, but if you think the music video for the record is a hip-hop, free-for-all then you’re going to be in for an unexpected awakening. Backed by vocals from fellow Canadian Saukrates, the spitter takes it to the streets in the Chris Strikes-directed visuals and proceeds to drop a little knowledge for the masses as he spits, “Fans ain’t buying albums anymore cause everyone’s tryna make singles/ Stop tryna pop overnight like a Pringle/ I built a foundation, a real fan base, anything goes.” Since the record is in fact titled Anything Goes it likely isn’t too much of a surprise that Classified also lends his production talents for the record’s lively, bass-driven beat. This newest single serves as the first musical offering from the Canadian word connoisseur’s currently untitled album, which is due out on January 29 via Half Life Records/Universal.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Call This Hip Hop ft. Royce Da 5'9" & Bobby Ray (B.o.B)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.