It’s common for artists to rep their hometowns, but on his current single NYC (off his Stay Hungry mixtape), Clap Cognac seems to pay homage to only the bad side of New York City. “Clap” being an acronym for “Camouflage Lodge Attacking Problems,” Cognac is known for addressing social issues in his rhymes. With a head-banging beat over a soft, angelic voice in the background, Cognac does just that: referencing the thugs, drugs, and crooked cops in New York, but also taking note of the musical talents that have come out of the city. Regardless of the city’s flaws, however, Cognac claims that he will rep NYC until he dies.
Written by Angela on 04/14/08
Submit your Rating
Moguls in the Making/Billionaire Catt
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Problem ft. Donny Goines, Clap Cognac, Fred Knuxx & Marvo" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.