It’s common for artists to rep their hometowns, but on his current single NYC (off his Stay Hungry mixtape), Clap Cognac seems to pay homage to only the bad side of New York City. “Clap” being an acronym for “Camouflage Lodge Attacking Problems,” Cognac is known for addressing social issues in his rhymes. With a head-banging beat over a soft, angelic voice in the background, Cognac does just that: referencing the thugs, drugs, and crooked cops in New York, but also taking note of the musical talents that have come out of the city. Regardless of the city’s flaws, however, Cognac claims that he will rep NYC until he dies.
Written by Angela on 04/14/08
Submit your Rating
Moguls in the Making/Billionaire Catt
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Problem ft. Donny Goines, Clap Cognac, Fred Knuxx & Marvo" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.