It’s common for artists to rep their hometowns, but on his current single NYC (off his Stay Hungry mixtape), Clap Cognac seems to pay homage to only the bad side of New York City. “Clap” being an acronym for “Camouflage Lodge Attacking Problems,” Cognac is known for addressing social issues in his rhymes. With a head-banging beat over a soft, angelic voice in the background, Cognac does just that: referencing the thugs, drugs, and crooked cops in New York, but also taking note of the musical talents that have come out of the city. Regardless of the city’s flaws, however, Cognac claims that he will rep NYC until he dies.
Written by Angela on 04/14/08
Submit your Rating
Moguls in the Making/Billionaire Catt
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Problem ft. Donny Goines, Clap Cognac, Fred Knuxx & Marvo" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.