It’s common for artists to rep their hometowns, but on his current single NYC (off his Stay Hungry mixtape), Clap Cognac seems to pay homage to only the bad side of New York City. “Clap” being an acronym for “Camouflage Lodge Attacking Problems,” Cognac is known for addressing social issues in his rhymes. With a head-banging beat over a soft, angelic voice in the background, Cognac does just that: referencing the thugs, drugs, and crooked cops in New York, but also taking note of the musical talents that have come out of the city. Regardless of the city’s flaws, however, Cognac claims that he will rep NYC until he dies.
Listen to More: Clap Cognac
Written by Angela on 04/14/08
Moguls in the Making/Billionaire Catt
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Problem ft. Donny Goines, Clap Cognac, Fred Knuxx & Marvo" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.