Ladies, take heed: if you want to win over Booth newcomer CL-SiCK, you’d better bring your ‘A’ game; if you don’t have what it takes make the Jersey native’s heart race like he’s high on MDMA, don’t expect to get a second look. This newly-leaked cut off the up-and-comer’s forthcoming street album finds him chilling at the local club, when he locks eyes with a gorgeous female from across the room. With the help of a little liquid courage (“Wasn’t nervous, Patron shots drowned the butterflies”), SiCK gets straight to game-spitting. CL’s smooth-talking, ride-flaunting bars come backed by the spaced-out boardwork of Kajmir Royale, who pairs downtempo percussion with rubbery synth arpeggios and tops it all off with a hook Chipmunk-sampled from Roller Girl’s Close to You, (which was pretty high-pitched to begin with). Will CL-SiCKs’ So Far a Kid About Nothing live up to the three smash hit mixtapes crammed together in its title (So Far Gone, A Kid Named CuDi and The Mixtape About Nothing)? It’s certainly a tall order – we’ll find out for sure on January 1, 2010.
Listen to More: CL-SiCK
Written by richard on 11/10/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.