In most cases, it’s not advisable to experience a sequel first; lacking any background knowledge or connection to the characters, you’re likely to be confused, bored or both. CJ‘s debut feature, Roots II (The Result), is an exception. Part of his next street album, this cut is the perfect introduction to the HBK Gang affiliate. Over SB Focus‘s hazy flip of Ronnie Laws’s Tidal Wave, Clarence J fills us in on the activities of his typical day, from quarrels with his girl to blunt sessions with Mike Watts. The West Coast buzzmaker’s Peace and Love LP is currently unscheduled, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.