In most cases, it’s not advisable to experience a sequel first; lacking any background knowledge or connection to the characters, you’re likely to be confused, bored or both. CJ‘s debut feature, Roots II (The Result), is an exception. Part of his next street album, this cut is the perfect introduction to the HBK Gang affiliate. Over SB Focus‘s hazy flip of Ronnie Laws’s Tidal Wave, Clarence J fills us in on the activities of his typical day, from quarrels with his girl to blunt sessions with Mike Watts. The West Coast buzzmaker’s Peace and Love LP is currently unscheduled, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.