In most cases, it’s not advisable to experience a sequel first; lacking any background knowledge or connection to the characters, you’re likely to be confused, bored or both. CJ‘s debut feature, Roots II (The Result), is an exception. Part of his next street album, this cut is the perfect introduction to the HBK Gang affiliate. Over SB Focus‘s hazy flip of Ronnie Laws’s Tidal Wave, Clarence J fills us in on the activities of his typical day, from quarrels with his girl to blunt sessions with Mike Watts. The West Coast buzzmaker’s Peace and Love LP is currently unscheduled, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)