In most cases, it’s not advisable to experience a sequel first; lacking any background knowledge or connection to the characters, you’re likely to be confused, bored or both. CJ‘s debut feature, Roots II (The Result), is an exception. Part of his next street album, this cut is the perfect introduction to the HBK Gang affiliate. Over SB Focus‘s hazy flip of Ronnie Laws’s Tidal Wave, Clarence J fills us in on the activities of his typical day, from quarrels with his girl to blunt sessions with Mike Watts. The West Coast buzzmaker’s Peace and Love LP is currently unscheduled, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.