In most cases, it’s not advisable to experience a sequel first; lacking any background knowledge or connection to the characters, you’re likely to be confused, bored or both. CJ‘s debut feature, Roots II (The Result), is an exception. Part of his next street album, this cut is the perfect introduction to the HBK Gang affiliate. Over SB Focus‘s hazy flip of Ronnie Laws’s Tidal Wave, Clarence J fills us in on the activities of his typical day, from quarrels with his girl to blunt sessions with Mike Watts. The West Coast buzzmaker’s Peace and Love LP is currently unscheduled, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.