Although it’s been close to two years since Nashville crooner CJ Holland wowed the webosphere with his rendition of Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson’s classic record The Girl Is Mine, it seems that the singer is continuing to tap into his inner King of Pop. On his second Booth feature, the newly-released Underdog, Holland sounds strikingly Jackson-esque, boasting, “I see you wanna hate me, so tell me what the hell you stay for/ Don’t underestimate me, if you don’t want it then I’ll make more.” Production from George Tizzard of Red Triangle Productions keeps the song upbeat yet bold thanks to the producer’s heavy use of horns. While Underdog isn’t (yet) attached to a bigger project, we can likely expect a number of new tunes from the Lava/Universal Republic artist through the end of 2012.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/2/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.