Although it’s been close to two years since Nashville crooner CJ Holland wowed the webosphere with his rendition of Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson’s classic record The Girl Is Mine, it seems that the singer is continuing to tap into his inner King of Pop. On his second Booth feature, the newly-released Underdog, Holland sounds strikingly Jackson-esque, boasting, “I see you wanna hate me, so tell me what the hell you stay for/ Don’t underestimate me, if you don’t want it then I’ll make more.” Production from George Tizzard of Red Triangle Productions keeps the song upbeat yet bold thanks to the producer’s heavy use of horns. While Underdog isn’t (yet) attached to a bigger project, we can likely expect a number of new tunes from the Lava/Universal Republic artist through the end of 2012.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/2/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.