Although it’s been close to two years since Nashville crooner CJ Holland wowed the webosphere with his rendition of Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson’s classic record The Girl Is Mine, it seems that the singer is continuing to tap into his inner King of Pop. On his second Booth feature, the newly-released Underdog, Holland sounds strikingly Jackson-esque, boasting, “I see you wanna hate me, so tell me what the hell you stay for/ Don’t underestimate me, if you don’t want it then I’ll make more.” Production from George Tizzard of Red Triangle Productions keeps the song upbeat yet bold thanks to the producer’s heavy use of horns. While Underdog isn’t (yet) attached to a bigger project, we can likely expect a number of new tunes from the Lava/Universal Republic artist through the end of 2012.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!