Although it’s been close to two years since Nashville crooner CJ Holland wowed the webosphere with his rendition of Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson’s classic record The Girl Is Mine, it seems that the singer is continuing to tap into his inner King of Pop. On his second Booth feature, the newly-released Underdog, Holland sounds strikingly Jackson-esque, boasting, “I see you wanna hate me, so tell me what the hell you stay for/ Don’t underestimate me, if you don’t want it then I’ll make more.” Production from George Tizzard of Red Triangle Productions keeps the song upbeat yet bold thanks to the producer’s heavy use of horns. While Underdog isn’t (yet) attached to a bigger project, we can likely expect a number of new tunes from the Lava/Universal Republic artist through the end of 2012.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/2/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.