Even the most self-confident individuals, upon learning that a guy or girl they’re crazy for feels the same way, will react enraptured disbelief: “Could someone So Fresh really be interested in me?!” Of course, once you’ve built a person up to Olympian heights, a more or less gradual slide into disillusionment is bound to follow… but, hey, it’s nice while it lasts! CJ Hilton‘s latest single finds the It Ain’t Easy crooner in just such a state of new-relationship bliss. Over a hip-hop accented, piano-led beat by Salaam Remi, bona fide rap legend and Queensbridge vet Nasir Jones grabs the mic for an expert verse that captures both the infatuation period and the relationship’s subsequent downfall; though the chick’s adoration of him and his music are initially charming, Nas ultimately writes her off as a “mismatched chick tryin’ to crack a rich black thug.” So, Booth readers, does this smooth single leave you craving more? Then keep it locked for release details on CJ Hilton’s forthcoming full-length, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date from the J Records brass.
Written by richard on 04/28/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.