Even the most self-confident individuals, upon learning that a guy or girl they’re crazy for feels the same way, will react enraptured disbelief: “Could someone So Fresh really be interested in me?!” Of course, once you’ve built a person up to Olympian heights, a more or less gradual slide into disillusionment is bound to follow… but, hey, it’s nice while it lasts! CJ Hilton‘s latest single finds the It Ain’t Easy crooner in just such a state of new-relationship bliss. Over a hip-hop accented, piano-led beat by Salaam Remi, bona fide rap legend and Queensbridge vet Nasir Jones grabs the mic for an expert verse that captures both the infatuation period and the relationship’s subsequent downfall; though the chick’s adoration of him and his music are initially charming, Nas ultimately writes her off as a “mismatched chick tryin’ to crack a rich black thug.” So, Booth readers, does this smooth single leave you craving more? Then keep it locked for release details on CJ Hilton’s forthcoming full-length, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date from the J Records brass.
Written by richard on 04/28/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.