Whether you’re a single mother trying to raise a son or daughter while working two jobs and attending college, or a rich rapper who has to pay massive child support bills, It Ain’t Easy to get by in today’s economic climate (OK, somewhat moreso in the former case than the latter, but I digress). Booth newcomer CJ Hilton can relate. For his debut single, the J Records singer/producer goes the “recession music” route, serving up a head-noddable, piano-driven instrumental as he offers encouragement to anyone struggling to make a dime. The Baltimore native’s vocal appeal is undeniable, and his message is even harder to argue with: “Hold your head high, let ‘em see your crown / Do your own thing, don’t let nothing hold you down.” Digging this motivational jam? Keep it locked – CJ Hilton’s currently-untitled freshman full-length has yet to receive a release date from the label brass, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 05/9/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)