Whether you’re a single mother trying to raise a son or daughter while working two jobs and attending college, or a rich rapper who has to pay massive child support bills, It Ain’t Easy to get by in today’s economic climate (OK, somewhat moreso in the former case than the latter, but I digress). Booth newcomer CJ Hilton can relate. For his debut single, the J Records singer/producer goes the “recession music” route, serving up a head-noddable, piano-driven instrumental as he offers encouragement to anyone struggling to make a dime. The Baltimore native’s vocal appeal is undeniable, and his message is even harder to argue with: “Hold your head high, let ‘em see your crown / Do your own thing, don’t let nothing hold you down.” Digging this motivational jam? Keep it locked – CJ Hilton’s currently-untitled freshman full-length has yet to receive a release date from the label brass, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Listen to More: CJ Hilton
Written by richard on 05/9/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.