Whether you’re a single mother trying to raise a son or daughter while working two jobs and attending college, or a rich rapper who has to pay massive child support bills, It Ain’t Easy to get by in today’s economic climate (OK, somewhat moreso in the former case than the latter, but I digress). Booth newcomer CJ Hilton can relate. For his debut single, the J Records singer/producer goes the “recession music” route, serving up a head-noddable, piano-driven instrumental as he offers encouragement to anyone struggling to make a dime. The Baltimore native’s vocal appeal is undeniable, and his message is even harder to argue with: “Hold your head high, let ‘em see your crown / Do your own thing, don’t let nothing hold you down.” Digging this motivational jam? Keep it locked – CJ Hilton’s currently-untitled freshman full-length has yet to receive a release date from the label brass, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 05/9/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.