Whether you’re a single mother trying to raise a son or daughter while working two jobs and attending college, or a rich rapper who has to pay massive child support bills, It Ain’t Easy to get by in today’s economic climate (OK, somewhat moreso in the former case than the latter, but I digress). Booth newcomer CJ Hilton can relate. For his debut single, the J Records singer/producer goes the “recession music” route, serving up a head-noddable, piano-driven instrumental as he offers encouragement to anyone struggling to make a dime. The Baltimore native’s vocal appeal is undeniable, and his message is even harder to argue with: “Hold your head high, let ‘em see your crown / Do your own thing, don’t let nothing hold you down.” Digging this motivational jam? Keep it locked – CJ Hilton’s currently-untitled freshman full-length has yet to receive a release date from the label brass, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Listen to More: CJ Hilton Written by richard
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.