Here in Minneapolis, it’s gotten to the point where even stepping outside to walk to your car requires a parka, scarf and mittens. Simply put, it’s f*cking freezing. Even an excruciating Twin Cities winter, however, is easier to bear than a Cold Summer without the one you love. Just ask CJ Hilton, whose latest single/video finds him shivering on his lonesome after being brushed off by a woman he’s crazy for. Hurt and confused by her sudden departure from his life, the 21-year-old Baltimore representer struggles to puzzle out her motivation for chucking the deuce. Showcasing his wounded falsetto over Salaam Remi‘s chilly, bass-driven boardwork, Hilton croons: “The world was ours / Baby my life belongs to you / So what’s the deal… I thought that we were cool.” Sadly, no answer is forthcoming. Have you fallen in love with this bittersweet single? Then stay tuned—while CJ Hilton’s RCA Records debut album has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date, you can count on The DJBooth to keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/6/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)