In the 5th century AD, Augustine of Hippo wrote the book The City of God, which focused on the conflict between society’s obsession with fame and fortune and the true standards of goodness and quality. Some 1600 years later, an underground alt-pop group has adopted the name. Foregoing major control for creative freedom, the City of God collective released their debut album, Rebirth of Swag, this past August, to little mainstream fanfare. Together with producer Matt LaPlant, “spacebois” Smalls, Industry, Rocko, Tiago, and “spacegurl” Tata put together a laid-back ballad about spotting someone special at their favorite hangout. While the preceding topical explanation is perhaps the most overused song setup found in the Booth, the overall feel is so fresh that it might make listeners want to Fly Away.
Written by Burmy on 10/8/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.