If you were to say to me at this very moment, “Hey Richard, Tell Me What’s Good!”, my initial response would most likely be, “What the hell are you doing in my apartment?!” After calling the cops, though, I’d probably tell you, “City Haze‘s latest single is making its world premiere in the Booth tonight – that’s what’s good!” This track off the Brooklyn native’s debut LP sees Haze exercising his powers of persuasion on a female clubgoer he’s hoping to take home at the end of the night, plying her with promises of shopping sprees and top-shelf liquor. Co-producers Andrew Lloyd & Mike Blud back the emcee’s game-spitting with glossy synths and a clap-along rhythm, and singer Kyle “K.O.” Owens ties it all together with some silky-smooth hook vocals. Like what you’re hearing? If so, you’ll be able to find this track, the reader-acclaimed Rewind That, and much more on the rising star’s debut studio album, Star of the City, when it arrives at record stores and online retailers this spring.
Written by richard on 03/1/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.