If you were to say to me at this very moment, “Hey Richard, Tell Me What’s Good!”, my initial response would most likely be, “What the hell are you doing in my apartment?!” After calling the cops, though, I’d probably tell you, “City Haze‘s latest single is making its world premiere in the Booth tonight – that’s what’s good!” This track off the Brooklyn native’s debut LP sees Haze exercising his powers of persuasion on a female clubgoer he’s hoping to take home at the end of the night, plying her with promises of shopping sprees and top-shelf liquor. Co-producers Andrew Lloyd & Mike Blud back the emcee’s game-spitting with glossy synths and a clap-along rhythm, and singer Kyle “K.O.” Owens ties it all together with some silky-smooth hook vocals. Like what you’re hearing? If so, you’ll be able to find this track, the reader-acclaimed Rewind That, and much more on the rising star’s debut studio album, Star of the City, when it arrives at record stores and online retailers this spring.
Written by richard on 03/1/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.