If you were to say to me at this very moment, “Hey Richard, Tell Me What’s Good!”, my initial response would most likely be, “What the hell are you doing in my apartment?!” After calling the cops, though, I’d probably tell you, “City Haze‘s latest single is making its world premiere in the Booth tonight – that’s what’s good!” This track off the Brooklyn native’s debut LP sees Haze exercising his powers of persuasion on a female clubgoer he’s hoping to take home at the end of the night, plying her with promises of shopping sprees and top-shelf liquor. Co-producers Andrew Lloyd & Mike Blud back the emcee’s game-spitting with glossy synths and a clap-along rhythm, and singer Kyle “K.O.” Owens ties it all together with some silky-smooth hook vocals. Like what you’re hearing? If so, you’ll be able to find this track, the reader-acclaimed Rewind That, and much more on the rising star’s debut studio album, Star of the City, when it arrives at record stores and online retailers this spring.
Written by richard on 03/1/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.