Last we heard from City Haze, on June 2011’s Can’t Wait to See Ya, the Brooklyn rhymesayer was intoxicated with the possibilities of a new relationship. Sadly, though, it seems that spark has died off in the intervening year and change. On his latest promotional single and first song release of 2012, Haze brings us up to date, describing how their promising rapport deteriorated into a frustrating series of battles and misunderstandings. Over the smooth, R&B-infused boardwork of Steff ReedGirl it ain’t working, I gotta Say Goodbye.” While this mellow breakup jam isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans should keep it locked—I have feeling we’ll be hearing more from City Haze in the very near future.
Written by richard on 08/24/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.