Last we heard from City Haze, on June 2011’s Can’t Wait to See Ya, the Brooklyn rhymesayer was intoxicated with the possibilities of a new relationship. Sadly, though, it seems that spark has died off in the intervening year and change. On his latest promotional single and first song release of 2012, Haze brings us up to date, describing how their promising rapport deteriorated into a frustrating series of battles and misunderstandings. Over the smooth, R&B-infused boardwork of Steff ReedGirl it ain’t working, I gotta Say Goodbye.” While this mellow breakup jam isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans should keep it locked—I have feeling we’ll be hearing more from City Haze in the very near future.
Written by richard on 08/24/12
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.