With May’s acclaimed Star of the City street album, Lost in Tokyo up-and-comer City Haze succeeded in stoking his already prodigious buzz to a fever pitch. So, what’s next for the Brooklyn/South Bronx representative? Well, more of the same – as the artist explains on his latest promo single, he’s just gonna Keep on Winnin’ and let the rest take care of itself. Hilariously-named production duo Philly Blunts & Hippopotamus Funk handle the instrumental side of this energetic joint, serving up a bluesy, retro-informed rock-rap backdrop complete with beatboxing from BeatSmyth. On the lyrical tip, Haze departs from his usual, smooth rhyme style in favor of a more swaggerriffic approach, spitting braggadocio-soaked game in hopes of convincing a certain shawty to ride with him. So readers, does this carefree street banger make your ears feel like they just hit the lottery? Then keep it locked – this cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but you can count on DJBooth to bring you all the latest from City Haze!
Written by richard on 08/23/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.