With May’s acclaimed Star of the City street album, Lost in Tokyo up-and-comer City Haze succeeded in stoking his already prodigious buzz to a fever pitch. So, what’s next for the Brooklyn/South Bronx representative? Well, more of the same – as the artist explains on his latest promo single, he’s just gonna Keep on Winnin’ and let the rest take care of itself. Hilariously-named production duo Philly Blunts & Hippopotamus Funk handle the instrumental side of this energetic joint, serving up a bluesy, retro-informed rock-rap backdrop complete with beatboxing from BeatSmyth. On the lyrical tip, Haze departs from his usual, smooth rhyme style in favor of a more swaggerriffic approach, spitting braggadocio-soaked game in hopes of convincing a certain shawty to ride with him. So readers, does this carefree street banger make your ears feel like they just hit the lottery? Then keep it locked – this cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but you can count on DJBooth to bring you all the latest from City Haze!
Written by richard on 08/23/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.