Growing up between South Bronx and Brooklyn, Booth newcomer City Haze was surrounded by hip-hop from an early age, and it wasn’t long before he decided to step into the spotlight as an artist in his own right. Though the up-and-comer’s dedicated to his grind, that doesn’t mean he’s about to neglect his lady—when she sends him an early-morning text, he responds “I’m On My Way!” hops into the shower, and heads out the door. CH’s woman has every reason to keep faith—complete with a hook by up-and-coming R&B singer Levar Thomas and a slow-jam instrumental by Andrew Lloyd, this single couldn’t sound more heartfelt, and its soulful appeal will likely net it a spot on next week’s Independent Charts. City Haze’s debut album, Star of the City drops September 5th; in the meantime, expect him to stand alongside K. Sparks and Pay$0z as one of the Booth’s most frequently featured NYC buzzmakers.
Written by Burmy on 06/17/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.